Language Specific Notes
This document contains the notes of translators.
[jb] Which Lojban style to use?
- always rely on the CLL
- use Simple Lojban since the target audience are children:
- use as few gismu and cmavo as possible
- if a gismu or a cmavo is common then feel free to use it, though
- use any attitudinals/ki'ai + "cmevla/brivla", even experimental ones since the comic is full of interjections/psychomime/etc.
- for translating specific concepts, e.g. names, narrow scientific/math concepts consider using cmevla or (when it's really necessary) experimental brivla (even experimental gismu), e.g. texno, faumji. Such cases must be rare and not break the flow/comprehensibility of episodes
- faumji despite having precise sense can be understood by children as explicitly unfathomable lingo
- texno (if not .texnos.) might be used only for the name of a clan
- spell language/monster language is supposed to be half-comprehensible so consider using distorted Lojban